Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Era's End



Era's End is a concept for a video game that I created. It is a fighting game, and features characters from mythology, such as Aphrodite and the Lady of the Lake. This is the cover for the game. The art style was inspired by the game Okami, from Capcom, which draws from Japanese water color to create a 3-dimensional world that appears 2-dimensional at a distance. I also drew some inspiration from the game Street Fighter, also from Capcom, to create a wide range of characters that are all unique and interesting.

Most of the work was done with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, but it all started out as hand drawn images. Using Illustrator I was able to outline the characters. I used the pen tool to create the sweeping lines that describe the characters. Using Photoshop I created the background texture using several different filters to give it a grainy parchment look. I also used Photoshop to "paint" in the color on the characters, using multiple fill layers on different transparencies, in addition to the paintbrush and smudge tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment